Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Looking Forward: October




Sometimes it's really hard for me to keep track of what comes out what month, especially while juggling early reviews and publisher catalogues and all the other confusing bookish things bloggers deal with. It's just a LOT OF BOOKS ALL THE TIME. How do you ever keep them straight?! So on the last day of the month, I post a guide to what books I'm most looking forward to in the following month and that you should keep an eye on. So, since it's the (second to) last day in September, here are the October releases most tempting me:

Books of the month:

1737850818705209

Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater: October 21st
I've read this and it's amazing and Maggie is a wizard and Blue Gillian, Lily Tears

The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan: October 7th
*SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH*

October 1st

17838538

Girl on a Wire by Gwenda Bond
Romeo and Juliet meets CIRCUS ACROBATS!

October 7th

179841411810698517563833

The Young Elites by Marie Lu
New Renaissance-inspired, diverse, shades of gray high fantasy from Marie Lu. NEED IT.

Exquisite Captive by Heather Demetrios
JINNIS!

Kiss Kill Vanish by Jessica Martinez
Want Have Read

October 15th, aka the week I die

173991601734155020662728
2030917520300225
1745330316067008178411382051901113518255

Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
Every time a high fantasy is released, my heart grows three sizes.

Trust Me, I'm Lying by Mary Elizabeth Summer
Teenage con artist, so much goodness.

Clariel by Garth Nix
Prequel to Sabriel, one of my childhood FAVORITES.
 
My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins
Pretty sure Stephanie woke up one day and said, "You know what would be a great idea? If we combined two of the things Gillian likes most: YA and CHRISTMAS! Oh, and illustrated covers, JUST in case it's not enough for her."

Every Breath by Ellie Marney
What if Sherlock was the boy next door? What if Sherlock was the boy next door? What if Sherlock was the boy next door?

Glory O'Brien's History of the Future by A.S. King
Missed grabbing this magical realism masterpiece at BEA, but I did read the first 80 or so pages of my friend's ARC, and it's amazing.

Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis
Sci fi Snow White, yes please

The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters
Turn of the century suffragettes! Plus hypnosis!

The Accidental Highwayman by Ben Tripp
Laugh-a-minute historical romp.

Chasing Power by Sara Beth Durst
*pets the pretty cover*

October 21st

1363918219286673

Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker
It's about a Louisiana swamp that eats people. IT EATS PEOPLE.

Loop by Karen Akins
TIME TRAVELING YES PLEASE (plus kissing, which also yes please)


What book are you most looking forward to in October?

5 comments:

  1. BLUE LILY LILY BLUE. THAT'S IT.

    Hahaha but seriously, the amount of amazing new releases in October are crazy. SLA I've read but preordered because high fantasy makes me a happy girl indeed. The Young Elites is something that I'm definitely going to have to read. And also In the Afterlight. October 28th. Aka, the day it ends. How will I survive reading in October ?!!!!

    Jess @ My Reading Dress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loop is SO SO GOOD! I was/am quite addicted to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh this month is going to break my wallet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BLUE LILY LILY BLUEEEEEEE. GIVE ME.
    Snow Like Ashes and Stitching Snow are preordered too. High fantasy and anything Lunar Chronicles-ish is always a go!
    The Accidental Highwayman sounds charming and I'll prob get My True Love... from the library. Juuust in case I don't love all the stories. But omg that cute cover! <3
    Beware the Wild sounds creeptastic, yay! And I've heard NOTHING about Loop but now I'm super interested! I thought September was bad but October's going to be worse o_O Yay?! Hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BLLBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

    "What if Sherlock was the boy next door? What if Sherlock was the boy next door? What if Sherlock was the boy next door?" <---you have grasped the key point. Also this book is fantastic. Disclaimer, it is possible my strong emotional ties to the BBC show have blinded me but NOPE NO NOOOOPE EXCELLENCE.

    There are other books on this list that I wanted to comment on because you have fabulous taste and want all the excellent things but I suddenly need to go read all the Sherlock fic.

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)